Banos times 2
Not a terrible lot to report since last post. Teaching on Thursday went by marginally well…a lesson on professions. I used that goofy My father is a… song that some people might remember from grade school. Not that I gave you a lot to go on just now. Anywho, I had them sing about and act out their parents professions. Quite an eye opener. I know I said once before that alot of them have parents who drive taxis, clean houses, etc but it’s a different story to hear it from their lips. And they let the class hermit crab run around the room until I almost stepped on it by accident. All in a day's work.
Friday, a group of us went back to Baños. Ecuadorian elections took place on Sunday and one of the perks is that no one can sell alcohol country wide on voting weekend. This in and of itself doesn’t bother me but Baños nightlife apparently relies so heavily on its libations that all bars and clubs were closed. A minor setback but we spent the night eating amazing food – Indian curry finally! – and wandering around the town.
The next morning rocked my socks. Whitewater rafting! Bruce, the two guides, the driver and I headed to Patate for about 2 hours of really cool rapids, level 3-4. They weren’t huge but definitely a lot of fun. No casualties or almost broken limbs which is an improvement over our last Baños trip.
After picking up some taffy (famous in Baños) and bread (the go-to snack down here) for the trip, we hopped the bus back to Quito. And that was that. The rest of the weekend was just studying, reading Frankenstein in Spanish and Sunday evening with all my sisters, brothers-in law, niece, nephew and parents having coffee and incredible desserts. In fact, I’m heading home to hoarde some in my room right now. Chau!

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home